The 2000 GTV is the final model in the long running 105 coupe series. It featured a number of improvements and refinements including the 2 litre engine and LSD. This particular car dates from 1973 as shown in the official email from Museo Storica Alfa Romeo with also indicates the original colour and spec (see below).
It was modified in the early 2000 to become a Group S race car. After a few years it was changed to Group N spec and raced all over Australia including the Targa Tasmania by previous owner My John Weekes - it is a very well known car in the Alfa racing scene. The car has a historic Group Nc log book and drives/races great.
Body is in good condition for a race car and has a few areas that would need some painting like the rear right quarter, however the body is generally straight.
It is now fully road registered on club rego.
• 2000cc big valve race engine built by Mick Mitchell at Corse Automotive
• Oil cooler and catch can.
• Tilton clutch.
• 45DCOE Webers with brand new Pipercross filter.
• All new ball joints tie rod ends.
• Rose jointed Sway bar.
• 14 inch Superlite wheels.
• a050 yokohama 185/65r14 tyres. (comes with a new second set
• Alfaholics front small spring conversion.
• Alfaholics adjustable top arms.
• Volvo brakes front calipers.
• New brake rotors all round.
• Brake booster delete.
• 4.5 LSD.
• race harness and race seat for driver. Plus standard seatbelts. New race seat supplied, not fitted
• Bolt in roll cage.
• Battery located in boot. Battery kill switch with external point.
• Oil pressure warning light (huge!)
• Momo Corsa steering wheel.
• Brand new Classic Alfa steering column light switches.
• Brand new Classic Alfa heater motor and fan.
• Original 73 GTV seats (average condition)
• Drivers side window net for racing
From the production registers held in the Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo, the chassis number originally corresponds to:
Alfa Romeo 2000 GT Veloce RHD (105.22)
Production date: 1973, July 9th
Delivery date: 1973, July 10th
Market destination: Artarmon (Australia)
Exterior color: Grigio chiaro metallizzato
Interior: Tessuto plastificato nero
Note: Engine number corresponds to the engine first mounted in the vehicle.
Plates not sold with car and sold without RWC