Up for sale is my 1983 Holden VH Commodore. It’s a very recently finished build and has only been on the street a handful of times.
The car was built to be driven to the drag strip, raced and driven home. It was purpose built to handle big power.
I am selling as I no longer have the passion for racing. Below is a list of the work that has been carried out:
- 1983 VH Commodore SL
- factory Colour
- repainted and smoothed engine bay
- LS1 Gen4 (same rotating assembly as an LS2) Rebuilt stock bottom end with all ARP bolts and gapped rings.
- Marshal custom grind camshaft - 228/233.350”.355 114
- Higgins CNC 241 heads with stainless valves and high rpm springs/retainers.
- Morel 5294 Ti-Bar lifters (high rpm)
- Mellings Oil pump
- KillaBoost turbo manifolds 4into1 T6 Flange
- BorgWarner S488 turbo, T6 1.32 billet wheels.
- 4inch stainless dump pipe
- 60mm Turbosmart Progate with a screamer pipe
- ceramic coated manifolds, turbo, gate, dump and screamer
- custom twin 3” stainless exhaust
- Re-cored brass/copper radiator with Adrad core
- Spal thermo fan and custom shroud
- Mishimoto 60mm intercooler
- 3” intercooler pipes into 4” top charge pipe
- -12an breather hoses
- raceworks twin catch can and custom bracket
- Hasty Auto's T400 manualised transmission to suit 1100hp
- transbraked first gear
- Trans oil overflow tank and cooler
- Dominator 3000rpm stall converter
- TCI sfi approved Flexplate
- RTS Striker shifter in reverse pattern with trans and bump button.
- 1000hp 2 piece chromoly tailshaft
- Rodshop/Custom ford 9inch diff, 3.5:1 trutrac centre, 31spline axles
- 275x60xr15 Hero drag radials, 1month old with no passes
- StreetPro 10”x15” alloy drag wheels.
- McDonald Bros chromoly adjustable upper and lower 4 link kit
- Viking crusader rear coil overs
- Brand new front shocks and springs
- Reconditioned power steering rack
- Astra power steering pump mounted in front fender/quarter
- VT master and booster conversion
- Rebuilt VZ front disk brakes, brand new rotors and pads
- VZ commodore hubs new
- 4piston willwood rear disk brakes.
- braided ptfe brake lines.
- Tubbed rear to clear 305-315 drag radial.
- Custom fuel cell and boot layout. (Done to allow for 3+ 20L jerry cans)
- relocated battery and HD wiring
- 6 point roll cage with removable door intrusions
- Kirkey race seat with mounts to suit commodore (car also comes with the original front seat
- Whole underbody was rust treated, sealed and painted in stone guard.
- RodShop chassis braces
- Holley 200 GPH DOMINATOR IN-LINE BILLET FUEL PUMP -staged
- Stand Alone ECU - Holley Terminator X EFI (set to run the engine and boost control)
- Turbosmart FPR 2000 fuel pressure regulator
- -10an fuel lines
- Raceworks fuel rails
- Bosch 1250cc injectors
As the car is on club rego, it will be sold unregistered. I can organise a RWC for the right price if the car is going on club rego again.
The exterior paint lets the car down but all of the panels are straight and ready to suit a re-spray. This is an expression of interest. I am in no rush to sell the car and will only let it go for the right price and buyer.
Before you send a message about test drives, anyone wanting to inspect the car will need to provide a drivers licence before viewing and will need to show proof of funds before test drives.
Serious offers will be welcomed.